Cave Spring

The town of Cave Springs was named after its natural spring.  Historically, the spring emitted 6-million gallons of water per day.   In fact, from the 1950’s until 1967, residents of Cave Springs got their drinking water directly from the cave.  The spring water turned a water wheel at the mouth of the cave, which then pumped the water to the top of the southern slope of the property, where the water was treated and then piped throughout town.

 

Related Posts:

A New Chapter for the Lake at Cave Springs

100 Years Later… Draining the Lake at Cave Springs